Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend Snippets | Thrifting and a Wedding

This weekend I went home to watch a very old friend get married.  I had so much fun I forgot to take pictures. While I was home I was able to do a little shopping. I am from a little town called Morganton that is in western North Carolina. We are just close enough to Hickory to have tons of local furniture spots. My favorite stop is B&S Furniture. They have tons of samples pieces from big name designers and they make their own furniture. This was where I found my tortoise coffee table.
Our next stop was Dale's Antiques, there are actually three different locations. Most of the stuff is not actually antique. It appears to be more new furniture, either surplus or samples. They have a lot of pieces from Horchow/Neiman Marcus at crazy prices. I found this Lilly Pulitzer chair for $35, which is insane. There was only one which explains the low price.
On the way home we ran into multiple thunder storms. Hank is not a fan of storms. Before I knew it he had climbed over everything and I had to ride home with a 75lb. pup trembling in my lap.

I am finally done with my master bedroom for now. I came across this vintage painting for $20 and thought it would add the perfect amount of color and quirk in our bedroom.

6 comments:

  1. The bedroom looks great Jessie! I love the painting. Traditional yet quirky. You've just added two new furniture spots to my NC bucket list. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chair. duh. The colors and size of this painting are quite nice. Better than the previous option you posted about.

    PS | Summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chair is amazeballs!! Great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore the chair! Would be perfect in a home or office in need of some fun color!! Also, the painting in the bedroom is the perfect touch of color!

    --Sayeh, The Office Stylist

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great finds! The painting is awesome and I love anything Lily!

    ReplyDelete